August was another historical miniatures painting contest. Turnout was unimpressive again (historical just doesn’t draw the crowd that SciFi/Modern and Fantasy do), but it gives me a great push to slowly make progress on my Vikings. And make progress I did.
I decided to embrace the grungy effects that I ended up using on the previous one, and I think the intention helped.
Good practice for my next viking. He’s not a Berserker, but one of his arms hangs a little funny.
I’m thinking I can make it look badly wounded; that way it will be hanging dead instead of awkwardly. I should be making some progress tonight, so we’ll see how it goes.