Short post. This is my first Bondi, all finished up. The clear coat is on there and he was entered into the miniature painting contest at ThunderCon. He didn’t place, which was pretty disappointing as there weren’t very many entries in his category and I thought third place was in reach. Maybe next year.
I’m hoping I get to see the detailed judging results on him, as I’d love to see how close it was. I’m not a big fan of highlighting, which often hurts my chances in competitions, but it would be nice to know what else I should be focusing on for next time.
Bonus? I’m now 12% of the way through painting my SAGA warband. Progress!
So, how’s that fellow with the awkward arm turning out?
Not badly, methinks. There’s a little more to be done in terms of touch ups, I still want to step his injury up a little further and see what I can do to ‘clean up’ some patchy spots in the grungy washes. All that said, though, I really feel like it’s working. I’ll post something final shortly!
August was another historical miniatures painting contest. Turnout was unimpressive again (historical just doesn’t draw the crowd that SciFi/Modern and Fantasy do), but it gives me a great push to slowly make progress on my Vikings. And make progress I did.
I decided to embrace the grungy effects that I ended up using on the previous one, and I think the intention helped.
Good practice for my next viking. He’s not a Berserker, but one of his arms hangs a little funny.
I’m thinking I can make it look badly wounded; that way it will be hanging dead instead of awkwardly. I should be making some progress tonight, so we’ll see how it goes.